1. He would go through fire and water for his country. 他愿为国家赴汤蹈火。
2. That country suffered a heavy loss in the flood. 那个国家在水灾中遭受严重的损失。
3. World Englishes come from those countries where English plays an important role as a first or second language， either because of foreign rule or because of its special role as an international language.（定语从句世界英语来自那些以英语为第一或第二语言的国家，英语在这些国家起重要作用，或是因为外国的统治，或是因为其作为国际语言的特殊地位。
4. All languages change when cultures communicate with one another. 当不同的语言互相沟通时，所有的语言都会发生变化。
5. Actually， the English spoken between about AD and was based more on German than present day English.实际上，从公元年到年，人们所说的英语更多的是以德语为基础的，而现代英语不是。
6. Would you please come up to my flat for a visit? 请到我的公寓里来坐坐，好吗?
7. Believe it or not， he cheated in the exams. 信不信由你，他在考试中作弊。
8. Native English speakers can understand each other even if they don’t speak the same kind of English.
9. Today the number of people learning English in China is larger than even before. 目前在中国学习英语的人数比以往任何时候都多。
10. It is the duty of a government to provide education for the children of its country. （it作形式主语政府的责任是为其国家的小孩提供教育。
1. Using the latest technologies， Chinese scientists grow vegetables in greenhouse
2. Today many vegetables are not grown in gardens but in greenhouses where they are protected for the wind， rain and insects The temperature is controlled with computers， no matter how the weather is outside
3. One of China’s early agricultural scientists was Jia sixie， who lived in the sixth century
4. If you go against nature and do things at the wrong time of year， you will have to do more work and the results will no be so good
5. When you plough the soil， plough deep the first and less deep the second time
6. The best harvest is reached when farmers changed the crops in their fields
7. He said that it is good to grow different plants next to each other in the same field
8. The wisdom of farmers about the weather and farming is collected in many popular proverbs and passed on from generation to generation
9. The actors make us laugh by making fun of somebody’s way of dressing or telling an amusing story
10. It is their clothes， make-up and the way they walk that make people laugh
11. What comedians have in common with the players in a comedy is their way of playing with words
12. Dating back to the Qin Dynasty， the traditional crosstalk show， or xiangsheng shows， have made people all over China roar with laughter for centuries
13. The story of how I got my new job， and come to be on such good terms with my boss is funny one
14. I cycled as fast as I could and saw that the driver in the yellow car was waiting at the red light
15. I told him that he was a danger to other people on the road
16. Drive carefully so that everyone can enjoy a long life
17. There was a woman who was the boss of the office in which I wanted to work
18. I was pleased that the manager had decided to be angry with me for having been so rude
19. We can learn a lot about what a person is thinking by watching his or her body language
20. Just like spoken language， body language varies from culture to culture
21. While there are many different interpretation of our body language， some gestures seem to be universal
22. If we are feeling down or lonely， there is nothing better than to see the smiling face of a good friend
23. The father must have said something encouraging because the boy finally got up and made a good speech
24. Unlike traditional amusement parks， theme parks often want to teach visitors something
25. What they all have in common is that they combine fun with opportunity t learn something
26. Theme parks try to make sure that visitors leave knowing more about their theme
27. Having enjoyed the rides at the Headland， visitors can take the shuttle to the Lowland
28. Visitors can go on exciting rides where they can feel what it is like to do the things they have seen their heroes do in the movie
29. The parks are becoming more advanced and new technology allows us to experience almost anything without actually being in danger or risking injury
30. Having been told that her daughter got sick， she hurried to the school to take her home
1. Dressed in the finest clothes， he drove by the brothers’ house in Portland Place， and， seeing they were back， went to get Portia at …..
2. I never would have believed it.
3. I must give you a job， as I promised.
4. You have got a job open that I want
5. …. But not worth one tenth as much as how Henry felt about Portia.
6. It’s well-known that Americans like to eat a lot
7. Would you mind waiting just a few minutes?
8. I wonder， Mr. Adams， if you’d mind us asking a few questions?
9. But it’s all I have on me.
10. I hope you’ll come here whenever you like.
11. You must come whenever you want and have whatever you like.
12. I found myself carried out to sea by a strange wind.
13. It was the ship that brought you to England.
14. The fact is that I earned my passage by working as an unpaid hand， which accounts for my appearance.
15. At this moment， they see a penniless young man wandering on the pavement outside their house.
16. It’s Henry Adams， an American businessman， who is lost in London ….
17. It was the first time in a year and a half that I had seen the night face to face. （从句时态用完成时） 这是我一年半以来第一次目睹夜晚。
18. I wonder if it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature.（强调句） 我不知道这是不是因为我长久无法出门的缘故，我变得对一切与大自然有关的事物都无比狂热。
19. I stayed awake on purpose until half past eleven one evening in order to have a good look at the moon for once by myself. 有一天晚上，我熬到11点半故意不睡觉，为的是独自好好看看月亮一次。
20. Your friend， who doesn’t work hard， asks you to help him cheat in the end-of-term exam.（非限制性定语从句） 你的一个朋友叫你在期末考试中帮他作弊，这个朋友平常不认真学习。
21. If you have some trouble （in） getting along with your friends， you can write to the editor and ask for advice. 如果你在和朋友的相处上有问题，你可以写信给编辑向他征求建议。
22. Add up your score and see how many points you can get. 把你的得分加起来，看看得了多少。
23. What he did has added to our difficulties. 他的所作所为增加了我们的困难。
24. His income adds up to $1000 a month. 他每月的收入共计1000美元。
25. It‘s no pleasure looking through these any longer because nature is one thing that really must be experienced. 观看这些已不再是乐趣，因为大自然是你必须体验的。
26. Why is she so concerned about his attitude to her work? 她为什么那么关注他对她的工作的看法?
28. As I was about to go out and search for him， he happened to come in. 正当我打算出去找他时，他恰巧进来。
29. Mr. Jones lives alone and often feels lonely. 琼斯先生单独一人生活，常常感到孤独。
30. We tried to calm him down， but he kept crying. 我们试图让他平静下来，但他仍不停地哭着。