(1)
Mark: Hi, Jack1, how have you been
马克:嗨!杰克,最近怎样
Jack: Not very well.
杰克:不怎么样。
Mark: Why Looks like youre feeling very down! What happened
马克:怎么了你看上去心情不好啊,发生什么事了
Jack: Nothing.
杰克:没什么。
Mark: Come on. For a man whos feeling so down, therere usually two reasons. Either his career is going downhill, or he has a broken heart. Since youre so successful, it must be the other.
马克:说嘛。一个男人心情不好一般有两个原因,不是他的事业滑坡,就是他感情出问题了。既然你事业这么成功,那一定是另一个原因了。
Jack: Well, youre right. I just broke up with Jane.
杰克:没错,你说得对。我刚和简分手。
Mark: Oh, Im sorry. I thought you two were made for each other.
马克:哦,我很抱歉。我觉得你们俩是天生一对呀。
Jack: Well, you never know. Im ready for a commitment2 and want to settle down, but she says she wants to pursue3 her career while shes still young.
杰克:哎,谁知道呢。我已经准备好承诺这一生,想定下来,可是她说她想趁年轻追求事业。
Mark: Well, you cant blame her. Its always difficult to choose between career and family.
马克:你不能怪她。事业与家庭两者之间一直是很难选择的。
Jack: Maybe youre right.
杰克:也许你说得对。
Mark: Jack, I dont know what to say to comfort you, but cheer up! Theres plenty of fish in the sea and youll find your soul mate4, your perfect match!
马克:杰克,我不知道怎么安慰你,但是振作起来!天涯何处无芳草,你会找到你的知音,你的那一半的!
Jack: Yeah, but its hard to forget her at the moment. You know, we were together for almost five years. Its really hard...
杰克:是啊,但是现在很难忘记她。知道吗,我们在一起快5年了,真是太难了。
(2)
Gary: Hi, Mike, were having a party tonight, wanna come join us You can bring your girlfriend.
加里:嗨,迈克,我们今晚开派对,想来吗可以把你女朋友带上。
Mike: Well...Im breaking up with Cathy.
迈克:恩我要和凯茜分手了。
Gary: What happened Did you have a fight
加里:怎么了你们吵架了
Mike: No. Shes really a very nice girl....
迈克:没有,她真的是个好女孩。
Gary: Yeah, she is. Shes pretty, caring, and easy-going. And shes a great cook! Shes a gem5!
加里:是啊,她漂亮、会关心人而且容易相处。她的厨艺一流,简直是个宝贝哦。
Mike: Well, youre right. But sometimes shes too caring... well... no... shes just possessive... and... uh... I kind of want a break...you know...for some room for myself.
迈克:你说得没错。但是有时候她太关心我了,不,是占有欲太强了。我想要分开一段时间,想要给自己一些空间。
Gary: Oh! Did you talk with her about it
加里:哦你和她谈过了吗
Mike: Ive tried, but... it didnt work.
迈克:我试过了,但是没用。
Gary: Oh. So, when are you going to tell her
加里:哦,那么你打算什么时候告诉她
Mike: Maybe tonight. I dont know. I dont know how to tell her.
迈克:可能今天晚上吧。我不知道,我不知道该怎么说。
Gary: I know shes head over heels in love with you. Shell be badly hurt!
加里:我知道她非常爱你,她会很伤心的。
Mike: I know.
迈克:我知道。
关文章:
1.商务人士外出住在宾馆所需要的礼仪有哪些
2.内部招待所管理规定
3.酒店入住接待流程是什么
4.住宾馆半夜12点很吵可以退房费吗
5.公司招待所管理规定范文