1. How does the woman keep fit?
A. B. C.
2. What is the speed limit in this town?
A. B. C.
3. When is the boy’s birthday?
A. December 29. B. December 30. C. December 28.
4. How is the weather in Lushan?
A. It often rains and it’s hot.
B. It never rains and it’s pleasant.
C. It sometimes rains but it’s pleasant.
5. What are they going to do next?
A. They are going to go down the hill.
B. They are going to have a picnic right now.
C. They are going to climb up to the top of the hill.
6. What is the man doing?
A. He’s playing computer games.
B. He’s writing an e-mail.
C. He’s having an online tour.
7. Whom did the woman buy the computer for?
A. The man’s daughter. B. The woman’s mother. C. The woman’s daughter
Birth Born in 1958 in 8 Hunan， China， Tan Dun grew up near the LiuYang River.
Childhood He loves the 9 of the rushing water and the blowing wind.
He made music with 10 objects like stones and paper.
Achievement He is best known for winning an Oscar for his music in the film Crouching Tiger， Hidden Dragon.
8. A. southern B. western C. central
9. A. sounds B. scenes C. feelings
10.A. different B. special C. common
11. I think it’s ________ useful advice， and I remember not to speak loudly in ________ public.
A. a； the B. an； / C. the； the D. /； /
12. Don’t ________ others too much. You should do things by yourself.
A. agree with B. think about C. depend on D. look after
13. —Could you ________ me this book please， Daniel?
—Sorry， but I ________ it for only half an hour. I haven't finished it.
A. lend； have had B. borrow； have bought
C. borrow； have had D. lend； bought
14. —Which of the shirts do you like better?
—I'll take ________ . They are fashionable and cheap.
A. nothing B. none C. all D. both
15. Nick sat ________ to his mother with his eyes half ________ .
A. closed； opened B. close； open C. closely； opening D. close； opened
16. Cindy has ________ for five years. Five years ________ a long time.
A. left home； is B. been away from home； is
C. left home； are D. been away from home； are
17. Our teacher was ________to spend a lot of time________ the thing to us .
A. enough patient； explain B. patient enough； explaining
C. patient enough； to explain D. enough patient； explaining
18. This kind of bamboo can be used ________ a fishing pole（竿）.
A. for B. as C. to D. by
19. —Did people use computers for World WarⅡin the 1940s?
—No. The first computer， ENIAC， ________ until 1946.
A. didn't invent B. was invented C. invented D. wasn’t invented
20. —Please speak louder. My grandfather is a little ________.
—Sorry. I ________.
A. blind； do B. disabled； won’t C. deaf； will D. worried； don’t
21. — Mum， can you give me some tips on how to behave myself at the table?
— Well， I do have some tips. ________， please keep quiet while eating.
A. In all B. Of all C. At all D. Above all
22. People ________ running everywhere. Do you know what ________?
A. see； has happened B. see； happens
C. are seen； is happening D. are seen； is happened
23. I find ________ difficult ________ us to work out the math problems.
A. its； of B. its； for C. it's； of D. it； for
24. —The volunteers really provided the athletes with support.
—Exactly. ________ they helped make the event！
A. What a great success B. What great success
C. How a great success D. How great success
25. 一You look sad. ________ ?
一My pet dog has been lost for two days.
A. Why not see the doctor B. Where have you been
C. Can I help you D. What's the matter
Several years ago， I was at a train station in Amsterdam. I saw a young homeless man 26 people for money so he could buy breakfast. Most of the 27 simply took no notice of the young man or gave him a dirty look. There was one exception（例外） though: an older， well-dressed lady. When the young homeless man moved 28 this elegant lady， she turned and looked straight into his eyes and 29 asked， “How much do you need?” I couldn’t hear what the young man said but watched 30 the old woman pulled several bills from her wallet and 31 them in the young man’s hands.
I don’t know whether the young man actually used this money for breakfast or for some other purpose. What I do know is that I saw two completely different reactions（反应） to the same 32 . I saw people who were either afraid or annoyed or distrustful（猜疑的）. And then I saw this old lady who 33 the homeless man as her brother. I decided then and there that， even though we have to be 34 in this world， I would rather be like her.
Every day may bring us many chances for 35 . The key is to do it or not.
26. A. asking B. meeting C. giving D. showing
27. A. guests B. audience C. neighbours D. travelers
28. A. from B. after C. before D. over
29. A. softly B. sadly C. loudly D. hopefully
30. A. because B. unless C. as D. although
31. A. checked B. put C. covered D. threw
32. A. location（地点） B. survey C. situation D. programme
33. A. ordered B. treated C. introduced D. visited
34. A. famous B. creative C. careful D. successful
35. A. richness B. happiness C. fitness D. kindness
A jobless man wanted very much to have the position of “office boy” at Microsoft. The HR manager interviewed him and then watched him cleaning the floor as a test. “You have passed the test，” he said. “Give me your e-mail address and I’ll send you the form to fill in and the date when you may start.” The man replied， “But I don’t have a computer， neither an e-mail.” “I’m sorry，” said the HR manager. “If you don’t have an e-mail， that means you are not living. And anyone who isn’t living cannot have the job.”
The man left with no hope at all. He didn’t know what to do with only $10 in his pocket. He thought and thought. Then he went to the supermarket and bought 10 kilos of tomatoes. He sold the tomatoes from door to door. In less than two hours， he had 20 dollars. He repeated the operation three times， and started to go early every day， and returned home late. Shortly， he bought a cart ， then a truck， then he had his own fleet of delivery vehicles （运货车队）. Five years later， the man was one of the biggest food retailers （零售商） in the US.
One day， one of his friends asked him for his e-mail. He said， “I haven’t got one.” His friend couldn’t believe his ears. “Can you imagine what you could have been if you had an e-mail?” The man thought for a while and replied， “Yes， I’d be an office boy at Microsoft！”
36. What did the man do for the test?
A. He sent e-mails. B. He did the cleaning
C. He sold computers. D. He filled in forms.
37. The man ________after he left Microsoft.
A. went to look for another job B. asked for food from door to door
C. thought of an idea to make monkey D. bought a computer and got an e-mail
38. “office boy” means ________ in Chinese.
A. 勤杂工 B. 学徒 C. 学生 D.男程序员
39. Lisa has to get to school before 7:00 this morning. On her way to school， where can she buy her breakfast?
A. At Apple Tree Bakery. B. At Papa Marko’s.
C. At Good Taste Fast Food. D. At Winnie’s Sandwich Club.
40. Lisa can go to any place for lunch on Sundays except ________.
A. Papa Marko’s. B. Apple Tree Bakery.
C. Good Taste Fast Food. D. Winnie’s Sandwich Club.
41. If Lisa buys some food for $150 at Apple Tree Bakery at 9.30 p.m.， she will save________.
A. $ 80 B. $20 C. $30 D. $120
42. Which statement is wrong?
A. They are all advertisements for food.
B. Good Taste Fast Food is the best in town.
C. You can’t have a meal until noon at Papa Marko’s.
D. There are too many people at Papa Marko’s， so you’ll have to wait a long time.
Life comes in a package. This package includes happiness and sadness， failure and success， hope and despair. Life is a learning process. Experiences in life teach us new lessons and make us a better person. With each passing day we learn to deal with kinds of situations.
Love plays an important role in our life. Love makes you feel wanted. Without love a person could become cruel. In the early stage of our life， our parents are the ones who show us with unconditional love and care， they teach us about what is right and wrong， good and bad. But we always tend to take this for granted （认为理所应当）. It is only after marriage and having kids that a person understands and becomes sensitive to others’ feelings.
Happiness achieved by bringing a smile on other's face gives a certain level of fulfillment（成就）.Peace of mind makes you feel happy. No mind is happy without peace. We realize the true worth of happiness when we are sad.Sadness comes from the death of a loved one or the failure .But all of these things will pass away.
Failure is the way to success， and it helps us to touch the sky， teaches us to survive and shows us a specific way. Success brings in money， fame， pride and self-respect.
Hope is what keeps life going. Parents always hope their children will do well. Hope makes us dream. Hope builds in patience. Life teaches us not to despair even in the darkest hour， because after every night there is a day.
Life teaches us not to regret over yesterday， for it has passed and is beyond our control. Tomorrow is unknown， for it could either be bright or dull. So what we can choose is to work hard today， so that we will enjoy a better tomorrow.
43. In which section can readers probably read the passage?
A. Education B. Travel C. Lifestyles D. Business
44. In the passage，the author compares life to _________.
A. package B. happiness and sadness
C. failure and success D. hope and despair
45. What does the underlined word “despair” mean in Chinese?
A. 颓废 B. 遗憾 C. 悲伤 D. 绝望
46. What’s the general meaning of the last sentence of the whole passage?
A. What you only can choose is to work hard every day.
B. If you work hard today， you will have a better life in the future.
C. When choosing between “today” and “tomorrow”， you’d better enjoy tomorrow better.
D. Enjoying a better tomorrow is your only choice.
47. What’s the purpose of the passage?
A. To encourage people to love each other.
B. To tell people how to deal with happiness and sadness.
C. To remind people of working hard for a better tomorrow.
D. To give readers some information about life.
When you passed your exam and you felt happy， that feeling came from your brain. The time your friend was ill and you were worried， that was your brain again！ And when your parents didn’t allow you to go to that cool party， you were angry. That feeling， just like the others， came from your brain too， or rather a small almond — shaped section of cells which is hard at work whenever you feel an emotion.
Some emotions are seen as good， like happiness， and others are seen as bad， like anger and sadness， but actually， all emotions are good because they are our natural reaction to situations and they are part of what makes us human. Wouldn’t it be strange if someone stole your bicycle and you didn’t feel angry?
Our emotions allow us to show our actions to situations and help us deal with them. But that doesn’t mean to say that we should act any way we want. After all， it wouldn’t be a good idea to jump for joy when you learn you have passed your exam just as your best friend next to you finds out that he has failed. Similarly， if you are angry， it is not OK to shout at someone， or even worse， hit them. But it is OK to allow yourself to have those feelings. The feelings are natural. It is our actions that we must control.
48. Which part of our body controls our emotions?
49. Why are all emotions good?
50. Can we control our actions? What do you think would happen if we don’t control our actions?
51. Jack's father likes eating fruit very much， _______________ （尤其）watermelons.
52. Dr. Bethune， with his_______________（医疗的）team， set off for the front at once.
53. The new _______________ （秘书） are taking a training course this week.
54. He asked me to put the chair ______________ （紧靠着） the wall.
55. The more she makes up， the______________ （丑的） she becomes.
56. Someone has ______________ （粗心大意地） left a window open.
57. Do you mind _____________ a hole for me? I want to plant a tree here.
58. —Which book is the best seller this month?
—I'm not sure. Gulliver’s Travels_____________ well.
59. Dirty drinking water encourages the _____________ of disease.
60. The Apple Watch is very beautiful， but it's too expensive. So I can't ____________ it.
八、 书面表达 （共1小题，满分15分）
我校决定组织以“I want to be a volunteer of protecting animals”为题的英语演讲比赛。请你以Amy的名义写一篇英语演讲稿推荐自己，内容如下：
I Want to Be a Volunteer of Protecting Animals
Hello everyone. I'm Amy. I want to be a volunteer of protecting animals. I'm glad to make a speech here.
Thanks for listening！
1-5 BAACC 6-10 BBCAC
11-15 DCADB 16-20 BBBDC 21-25 DCDAD
26-30 ADBAC 31-35 BCBCD
36-38 BCA 39-42 ADCD 43-47 AADBC
48.Our brain does.
49 Because they are our natural reaction to situations and they are part of what makes us human.
50.Yes. We may behave in a wrong way or do something wrong.
51.especially 52.medical 53.secretaies 54.against 55.uglier
56. carelessly 57. digging 58.sells 59.spread 60.afford
61. Clean water and food will be provided for the children in poor areas.
62. The girl is too shy to express herself clearly. / The girl is so shy that she can’t express herself clearly. / She is such a shy girl that she can’t express herself clearly.
63. This new type of energy costs very little and will never run out.
64. We should avoid cutting in on others.
65. Could/Can you make up your mind/decide to give up smoking as soon as possible?
I want to be a volunteer of protecting animals
Hello everyone. I'm Amy. I want to be a volunteer of protecting animals. I'm glad to make a speech here. I am kind to others. I like looking after homeless animals. I am generous and often donate my money to the local charities. I have ever organized a charity show to raise money for WWF. What’s more， I hand out leaflets to ask people to protect animals.
We should make friends with animals. I think protecting animals is protecting ourselves， so it is important for everyone to protect them.
If I can be a volunteer， I will work harder and do more meaningful things to protect animals. I will call on more people to love animals like me. I must try my best to make the world more beautiful.
Thanks for listening！
1. M: You are so slim. Do you usually take exercise to keep fit?
W: Yes， I play tennis every day.
Question: How does the woman keep fit?
2. W: Peter， the speed limit in this town is 40 miles per hour.
M: OK， I'll be careful.
Question: What is the speed limit in this town?
3. W: I hear it is your birthday today.
M: No. Yesterday was my birthday. It’s December 30 today.
Question: When is the boy’s birthday?
4. M: The summer holidays are coming. Where shall we go this summer?
W: You can go hiking in Lushan Mountain. There may be some rain， but the weather is pleasant.
Question: How is the weather in Lushan?
5. W: I'm so hungry and thirsty. Why don't we have our picnic here?
M: I think it's better to have our picnic at the top of the hill. Come on！
W: OK then.
Question: What are they going to do next?
6. W: Are you playing games on the computer?
M: No. I’m writing an e-mail to Tom.
W: Oh， I need your help. Can you help me carry this box?
M: Of course. It looks heavy. What’s in it?
W: I just bought a computer for my mother. You know her birthday is coming.
M: You are really a good daughter.
Number 5: What is the man doing?
Number 6: Whom did the woman buy the computer for?
Born in 1958 in central Hunan， China， Tan Dun grew up near the Liuyang River. When he was very young， Tan showed an interest in music. He loves the sounds of the rushing water and the blowing wind because， to him， the best music comes from nature. Since he had no musical instruments then， he made music with common objects like stones and paper.
In 1986， Tan went to study in the USA. There he got to know great musicians from around the world. As a composer， perhaps he is best known for winning an Oscar for his music in the film Crouching Tiger， Hidden Dragon.