(1)
A: Hi, Jane, how are you doing this morning
嗨,简,今天早晨感觉怎样
B: Im all right, thanks. Just a little tired.
还好,谢谢。只是有点累。
A: You worked overtime1 last night
昨晚加班了吧
B: Yeah, I got home at about 2.
是啊,我昨晚2点才到家。
(2)
A: Hi, Tim. How are you I havent seen you for a long time.
嗨,蒂姆,你好吗好久不见了。
B: Im fine. Ive been out of town. I just got back.
很好。我出差去了,刚回来。
A: Where did you go
去哪了
B: I went to New York for a meeting.
去纽约开了个会。
(3)
A: Hi there! My name is Terry. Youre new around here, huh
嗨,我叫特里。你是新来的吧
B: Yes. My name is Mark. I just started a couple of weeks ago.
是的。我叫马克,刚来几个星期。
A: Well, if theres anything I can do for you, let me know.
哦,如果有什么需要帮忙的,尽管找我。
B: Thanks. I really appreciate2 that!
非常感谢!
办公室会话:求助
(1)
A: Excuse me, Christina
打扰一下,克里斯蒂娜。
B: Yes, Mark
什么事,马克
A: Could you tell me where the copier is please
能告诉我复印机在哪吗
B: Sure. You just walk down this hallway1. The copy room is the second room on the right.
当然。沿着走廊一直走,复印室在右手第二间。
(2)
A: Excuse me.
打扰了。
B: Yes, can I help you
需要我帮忙吗
A: Yes, please. Im looking for Mr. Emorys office. Do you know where it is
是的。我想去艾默利的办公室,你知道在哪吗
B: Im sorry. I dont know. But the guard2 over there should know.
对不起,我不知道。那边的保安应该知道。
(3)
A: Christina, can you give me a hand
克里斯蒂娜,你能帮我一下吗
B: Sure. Whats wrong, Mark
好的。怎么了,马克
A: Well, I think Ive got the copier running. I pressed the button but nothing came out.
我想我已经开了复印机,但是按了按钮没反映。
B: Let me have a look. Oh, the machine is running out of paper.
让我看看。哦,机器里没纸了。
(4)
A: Hey Terry, do you have the number for that restaurant on the street corner
嘿,特里。你有街角那家饭馆的电话吗
B: Yeah, hold on a sec. Here it is. 6407-1553.
有,等一下。给你,64071553。
A: Great. Thanks.
太好了,谢谢。
B: Are you getting take-out
你要订外卖吗
A: Yeah. Do you want something
是啊,你想要什么吗
B: UmmCould you pick me up a chicken salad sandwich and a large diet3 coke
恩能帮我要一个鸡肉沙拉三明治和一个大杯无糖可乐吗
A: No problem. But do you have any cash4 on you I dont think I have enough.
没问题。你现在有带钱吗我的好像不够。
办公室会话:预约
(1)
A: Hello, Mr. Black This is Christina in Mr. Emorys office. Mr. Emory would like to set up an appointment1 with you to talk about buying a new fax machine.
你好,布莱克先生。我是艾默利先生办公室的克里斯蒂娜。艾默利先生想跟您约个时间谈一下购买一台新传真机的事。
B: Sure. Id be glad to. What time
好的,非常愿意。什么时间
A: Hed like to see you as soon as possible. How about tomorrow at 2pm
他想尽快跟您见面。明天下午2点可以吗
B: Yes. Thatll be great. Tell him I will see him then.
可以,告诉他我们两点见。
(2)
A: Tim, I need to work out a time to get together with your people to discuss the new project.
蒂姆,我要找个时间跟你们商量一下新的方案。
B: Does everybody need to be there Jason is on vacation this week.
每个人都要来吗詹森这周休假。
A: It would be best if everybody could be there. How about sometime2 next week
最好每个人都来。下周怎么样
B: Let me take a look at the schedule3 first. Ill get back to you this afternoon.
我先看一下时间表,下午答复你。